Monday, April 13, 2009

The Ultimate Junk Food Run

The culprits are Le Big Sistah, a.k.a. Queen J, and yours truly. This afternoon's super guilt-filled junk food fest included:

1. 1 lemonade from Auntie Anne's Php 65
2. 1 order of boneless chicken with java rice from Reyes BBQ Php 115, super yum! The peanut sauce made the chicken taste even better!
3. 1 order of buko (coconut) halo-halo with ice cream from the buko stand in Theatre Mall fast food Php 65
4. 1 large cheese fries from Potato Corner, Php 40
5. 2 pcs choco glazed doughnuts and 1 cup black coffee from Krispy Kreme, Php 174

The result: muchos guilty and lotsa promises of dieting and exercising from now on. Hmmm...

Last night, we were supposed to dine at Greens at 92 Scout Castor, Tomas Morato, so my parents could indulge in fresh vegetarian dishes. Unfortunately, the place was so tiny, my dad declared it to be inappropriate for Sunday dinner.

In a desperate attempt to make something out of a failed trip to Tomas Morato, (I personally never liked going to this side of town) we went to Taste of LA beside Greens where N took me about 3 years ago.

Taste of LA's ambience is that of an old-style Filipino home full of wooden tables, floors, posts and panels, very old-Spanish glam. At night, the whole place, which was dimly lit, was very dark. My dad took this opportunity to take some scary, Halloween-appropriate pictures of Queen J and me.
(Thanks Dad for the wonderful pics!)

The 3-cheese pizza, which was cooked in woodfire, had a very thin and crunchy crust. Not greasy, no MSG (according to the menu), yum. We also ordered chicharon bulaklak, sisig, salpicao, garlic rice, and pomodoro. Overall experience, nothing remarkable except for the pizza and too expensive to be making a second trip in the future except probably for an order of their scrumptious pizza.

As planned, Ma, together with her 4 friends, celebrated their 25th friendship anniversary at Spiral Cafe in Sofitel Philippine Plaza on Black Saturday night. The verdict: the cafe was full but unbelievably understaffed. The food was sadly not good enough to cover up this disappointment. And champagne and wine were not served that night to my further disappointment..tsk tsk

Friday and Saturday spent in Asiana Greenville Resort in Clark Field. Hello sunburn! Loved the huge "junior" villa that can fit up to 6 persons and the balcony with wooden furniture. The place is tiny and cute--small cafe serving Korean food, small pool, mini-golf. If I loved hosting parties, I would rent the whole place for me and my friends.

More on breakfast: UCC Coffee breakfast. Pretty much the same as Bizu breakfast, but coffee was not refillable and there was no bread basket. I ordered corned beef hash served with some veg, 2 sunny side up eggs and garlic rice and a cup of coffee. I looked at my meal with trepidation seeing as the corned beef hash was fried till it was dry and dark brown, in other words greasy. Turns out my meal was a plate of guilt-filled goodness--hoorah to fried Filipino breakfasts. eek

I hope that I will not be writing about this much food in my future entries, otherwise, I should start tasting rather than eating.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...