Sunday, November 22, 2009

Who Is the Groo Grux King?

Christmas is here! I can smell it in the air and taste it in Starbucks' Toffee Nut Latte. Thanks to our office kris kringle with personal wish lists rather than broad categories, I got 2 Starbucks GC's as I, well, wished.

Lately, I've grown tired of shuffling through songs in my iPod and finding a lot of songs that I now hate listening to. So I made a trip to Astrovision without doing any prior research in a quest to find something new. I based my search on the covers and ended up with the following:

Big Whiskey and the Groo Grux King by Dave Matthews Band

This looks a little creepy but I liked the saxophone intro and the booklet with more artwork and lyrics, a huge factor in choosing a CD when I was younger. I found out that in Astrovision you can request to listen to a CD just like in HMV! except that Astrovision doesn't provide earphones for your own private listening so I had to ignore the sales person who assisted me as she bopped her head along with the music.

and...

Still Night, Still Light by Au Revoir Simone

This one reminds me of Norah Jones and Yael Naim but their cover is anything but lovey-dovey and optimistic. Is that a werewolf under a full moon???

"one day do you think we'll wake up
in a world on its way to getting better
and if so
can you tell me
how"
- Dive In, DMB

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...