Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday, I Love You!

I love Fridays and I'm certainly not alone on this. I can feel the energy and excitement vibrating through the walls of our office whenever Friday rolls around, as if there is always a cause for celebration.

I especially love this day when I know I've been productive throughout the workweek like I had been this week. Thank you, Lavazza coffee, for making sure that I stayed alert and focused. Tomorrow, I will celebrate my productivity with coffee from Starbucks or CBTL.

We're now into the fourth week of our Kris Kringle, and so far I have received two Starbucks GCs, the November issue of Preview, and a bubbles toy gun which can produce giant bubbles. Today, I got the December issue of Preview! (Great job, colleague, as it's out of stock yet again in Fully Booked the last time I looked.)

Agot looks amazing at 43, but the dress and boots have got to go! And so does the hairstyle! I loved the grunge/rock&roll look, but I'm ready and very, very excited to see what's new for 2010, which is just 20 days away!

One of the perks of being around a group of girls is having a reason to dress up or down. Today's theme is "dress differently." The idea began as "dress weirdly," a post-Halloween plan to dress up in costumes. But because of office policies, the security manning the lobby would never allow us to even set foot in the building when we dress up as say, Helga Pataki [from Hey Arnold!] as one of us originally planned to, so we were forced to alter the theme to just, well, "put on something you don't normally wear" day.

As my office attire is limited to plain shirts and very feminine black skirts, I chose to go androgynous, literally. I dug up a very old and very dear (and very faded) pair of black semi-skinny pants and paired it with one of my dad's shirts with the sleeves rolled up. I also pulled my hair back into a high, tight bun instead of letting it down to cover the sides of my face as I usually do. Finally, I ditched my thick red glasses to avoid looking like a hippie grandma.

My very unsuccessful self-portrait - I have forgotten to take a pic of my outfit again
(and still not driving myself to anywhere)

After working non-stop for the past five days, I can't wait for the lazy and slow weekend ahead, and that's why I love you, Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...