Friday, May 15, 2009

A Home-Cooked Meal

As per our tradition since I came here and Sis got back from Australia, whenever our parents come to HK, we either prepare dinner or buy take-away and eat at home.

Last night, Sis prepared our 4-course vegetarian meal all by herself. Ma and I did help her buy some groceries though.

Starters: Spicy Freshly Shredded Cream Corn with Crisps
& Tomato and Cucumber Penne Salad
Main Dish: Basil and Mushroom Tortellini in Tomato Sauce
& Savoury Asparagus Pancake
Drink: Perrier
Dessert: Haagen dazs Cookies and Cream

(Pardon my camera, I couldn't get the colors right. I'll buy a new and better one as soon as I have the budget.)

My sister doesn't cook every night. But when she does, it's always a feast. She likes to cook Italian dishes, which are always wonderfully presented.

I probably won't be posting any of my home-cooked meals here. I'm more Chinese style: it's all about the taste and not the presentation. Haha

Update --> Correction: Taking inspiration from the pics above, I decided to post my "work of art" because it looked good and was quite tasty if I may say so myself. (validated by Pa who thought it was re-heated leftover from Sis's recipe last night...hmm I simply took it as a compliment.)

I cooked this for lunch today to use up the leftovers from last night. I call this dish Summer Vegetarian Penne because of the cucumber and asparagus.
I will also post a picture of my famous brewed coffee haha, famous among my family anyway as they always request for my coffee. I used Lavazza gold for this one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...