Sunday, February 21, 2010

Make a Wish

For my birthday, I requested an old fashioned chiffon cake from Goldilocks with icing, pink lettering, and flowers on toothpicks. Instead, my lovely parents got me chiffon cake from Estrel's decorated with 60 pieces of rose made from icing (and without toothpicks). Normally, made-to-order cake from Estrel's would take 24 hours to finish, but my parents were able to persuade Estrel's to finish mine in 6 hours so I could blow my candle at midnight (before I left for Acuatico the next day). The cake was not only very pretty but also super soft and a little bit moist, and the caramel icing was not too sweet. Unfortunately, it didn't set yet when they brought it home, and the upper half of the cake slid off onto the side of the box. Doesn't matter, I still think this is my best birthday cake ever after my Barbie cake from Goldilocks on my 7th birthday.
Queen J kept on popping up in my photos.
Anyway, I started my birthday celebration early. Last week, I picked up this dress from Topshop which is reminiscent of figure skating dresses I used to wear when I was little, only this is longer. I got a Hello Kitty shaped ring with bling-blings from my colleagues which I really loved so I wore it right away.
After a few weeks of using my father's Olympus camera, I now feel bare (naked?--haven't heard Jennifer Love Hewitt's song in years) when I don't have it with me. So I used my iphone to take pictures that night but the results were pretty disappointing.

I mentioned that I went to Acuatico Resort to celebrate my birthday but I didn't want to bring a huge camera and worry about it getting stolen. So, I don't have any photos of the place. (I let my friends do the picture taking and worrying.) Anyway, all I can say is I found the place breathtakingly beautiful and relaxing.

Finally, Queen J went back to her real world so I'm gonna miss her again. Boo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...