Sunday, February 7, 2010

Q&A

Q: What is your favorite vegetarian restaurant here (in Manila)?
BPS: Uhm...none?

Granted, there are vegetarian places around town, but I wouldn't say they are my favorites. I like going to Bodhi when I want to eat something tasty, but most of the dishes there are cooked with veggie meat. Same goes for Greens, which is why I think Corner Tree Cafe is a cut above the rest because the dishes there are cooked with real vegetables but are still tasty and interesting. But that doesn't make CTC my favorite vegetarian restaurant either. (I have only been there once and haven't really thought about going back anytime soon.)

I have therefore been hitting a lot of Italian restaurants lately because Italian dishes offer a wider selection of vegetarian (not vegan) dishes. Unfortunately, I have had so much cheese in the last few days that I think I can survive for a while without it. (But I might hit Pagliacci again really soon as Queen J will be home for Chinese New Year, and I have to share the joy of eating great Italian food at a reasonable price with her.)

So, below, hopefully my last Italian food post for the time being--Cantinetta at Rockwell:
Bread basket, mushroom risotto, spinach cannelloni, and margherita pizza

I thought hard about whether or not it is relevant to blog about a restaurant that I didn't even like, because I believe sharing negative experiences tends to alienate some people who do not have the same views. I just think that for the same price, the food in Pagliacci is way, way better than the food in Cantinetta.

__________________________________

Health-wise, it's been one of those terrible weeks for me. I drank too much coffee and not enough water then I binged on junk food. And now, my skin is paying for my lack of discipline.

I'm guilty of wearing a lot of loose shirts. They're just so comfortable especially when worn with jeans, and I'm also guilty of wearing this pair of super old UCBs a little too often. My eyes were so puffy that they'd been reduced to slits here. Yikes.

I'm wearing M.A.C.'s Girl About Town lipstick here. The color looks super nice and creamy on the lips and it stays on for hours, but taking it off at the end of the day is the tricky part. I end up with a pink line around my lips the next day. Ugh.. The wooden ring is from Agatha, a great place to pick up fun accessories like this ring.

__________________________________

Q: What do you do when you're feeling sad?
BPS: I eat.
Oh so you're always sad then.
BPS: Har har har

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...