Sunday, January 30, 2011

Minus 10 Inches

I finally got around to having my hair cut to a much shorter length when I visited HK recently. For drastic haircuts, I prefer to go to one of the Japanese hairdressers in Hair Do.

Last shot of my waist length hair while waiting for Ito-san
The inspiration: Drew Barrymore's hair in Going the Distance. Other inspirations include Alexa Chung's shoulder length bedhead with fringe and Anne Hathaway's short, wavy hair last year.
Glee's Jayma Mays's hairstyle was also in my reference archive, but I didn't show this to Ito-san. Somehow, my hair turned out to be closer to hers than Drew Barrymore's, which was what I showed him.
Posing outside Sogo in Causeway Bay right after the haircut, which reduced the length of my hair by 10 inches. I didn't regret it one bit!
For the new year, I decided to change the parting of my hair to give my new look a newer look, so this is how I wear my hair now.
Hair Do has 5 branches in Causeway Bay. The one in Sogo is the easiest to locate but also the busiest. During peak hours, which is anytime after 5pm during weekdays and all of weekends, the wait can be as long as an hour or more. Ito-san is currently in the Causeway Bay Plaza II branch.

Haircut under a junior stylist costs around HKD 320 with 10% discount for first timers, while for senior stylists, the charge is HKD 390.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...