Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year, Some New Products

During my recent HK trip, Queen J surprised me with not one, not two, but all three Chanel nail polish shades featured in last year's FNO (Fashion's Night Out), instantly doubling my [Chanel] nail polish collection! I had to wait a few months to get my hands on these, all the while wondering what surprise was awaiting me in HK, I'm not complaining though.
Some friends have been complimenting my nail polish despite them being on my squarish, childlike nails, and I tell them it's just really good nail polish. I stopped getting a mani/pedi after getting minor cuts a few times, investing instead in good nail polish and top and base coats.

From l-r:
lilac sky (210) - an icy pinkish lavender shade
kaleidoscope (479) - heavy metallic unidentifiable shade of gold/silver
particuliere (505) - gray with brown base tone, my favorite shade which I used repeatedly last year
red dream (215) - burgundy with specks of gold dust
new colors: khaki vert, khaki brun and khaki rose (I have yet to try on the last 2).
Lilac sky and Khaki vert
In addition to the nail polish, Queen J also got me Chanel's holiday quad eye shadow called Tentation Cuivree which features 2 shades of brown, one light and one dark, light pink, and pearl. At first, I found the shadow a bit too glittery and felt some glitter falling into my eyes, but once it set, my eyelids were left with just a hint of sparkle, perfect even for the office. It's my first time to use Chanel eye shadow as I have always found M.A.C. colors to be nice and long lasting. Chanel colors are less strong than M.A.C. upon application but lasted the whole day too.

Finally, after a year of using YSL powder foundation, I find myself going back to Chanel, which was what I was using before I switched to YSL. I found that the YSL one tended to cake giving an appearance of an additional layer of powder rather than blending in with my skin which is what the Chanel compact does. The new Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat Comfort Radiance Compact Makeup which has SPF 10 comes with a nice velvety pouch, a thick sponge for more coverage and a brush for a more luminous application.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...