Friday, April 22, 2011

First Essie Nail Polish

Essie nail polish piqued my interest a while back when I saw their fresh colored pastels, a breath of fresh air from the dark shades of nail polish featured in magazines and sported on many fingernails, including mine. I recently discovered Essie at Essences in Rustan's but found only a very limited number of shades that got me interested in the brand in the first place and an even more limited number of samples. Didn't matter, though, I got all excited and immediately picked out a bottle of Red Nouveau, a fire engine shade of red that I still don't have.

Essie is more diluted than what I'm used to, which is advantageous for DIY mani/pedi beginners. It makes me wonder, though, about the longevity of the polish on the nails. Additionally, its thinner composition makes the polish easily absorbed by dry nails, giving nails a matte appearance, so base and top coats are definitely in order. On the other hand, a thinner nail polish means it's quicker to dry, a plus for on-the-go ladies. Overall, I'm happy with the color and ease of application of the product.
Essie is available at Essences in Rustan's at Php 425 per bottle. As a side note, there was an abundant selection of O.P.I. nail polish in Essences sold at a lower price point than Essie and definitely way, way cheaper than their average HKD 150 (around Php 1,000) price tag in HK.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...