Sunday, June 19, 2011

Recommended Hair & Makeup Service at Fanny Serrano

For Pin's recent wedding, I had a bit of a hard time finding a reasonably priced, tried-and-tested hair and makeup service that's also near the location of the wedding. Online reviews are limited and the average price for this service in the Makati/Rockwell area ranges from Php 2,000 to 2,500, well more than what I'm willing to shell out. In the end, I went back to my go-to salon for hair and makeup, Fanny Serrano, even if it's rather far from the church, hoping that the hot June sun wouldn't cause my makeup to melt before I reach the church. 

Here's my inspiration for the hair. (photo from www.beautifulhairstyles.com)
 For makeup, I simply requested a look that's not too matte. And here's the overall result (pardon the water bottle):
I think Bambi did a good job with my makeup. He was fast but precise, and more importantly, I still looked like me. My hair, which was done by Joan, didn't come out exactly as I expected, but understandably so considering that I don't have bangs nor highlights.

Fanny Serrano has moved to a smaller location across Il Terrazzo in December of last year. Hair and makeup costs Php 1,500 by appointment and Php 1,350 for walk-in clients. Falsies are an additional Php 100. To set up an appointment, call 3511698.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...