Friday, August 7, 2009

Half a Serving of Inspiration

I watched The Proposal and the movie was awkwaaard. But if Ryan Reynolds were to propose to me, even if there were no sparks between us, it would be very hard for me to say no. He's just so hunky. (picture source: http://jollypeople.com/blog/2009/06/05/team-fox-new-york-marathon/)
I heart Sandra Bullock in While You Were Sleeping, Miss Congeniality, and Two Weeks Notice. I guess she's just better at playing ditzy characters. She's too cute to look uptight.

There's a fine line between cringe and "kilig" moments in a romantic comedy. The good ones have perfect timing, some funny moments and lots of chemistry. But maybe all a romantic comedy needs is a hunky male lead to turn things around.

My all-time favorite romantic comedy in high school was Ten Things I Hate About You. What is it about bad boys? Oh, Heath... I watched this movie perhaps ten times and got my senior prom dress idea from Bianca.
Then I discovered A Lot Like Love. The first time I watched it I didn't realize yet how hooot Ashton Kutcher was. I wonder what I was preoccupied with. And then there's his boyish charm. A boy in a hot male model's body. And then I watch him in That '70s Show and he totally loses his hot factor.

I just about melted when Oliver (Ashton) serenaded Emily (Amanda Peet) with Bon Jovi's I'll Be There for You, of all rock love songs out there. In fact, I love the movie's soundtrack but couldn't find it anywhere.

I've begun writing about romantic comedies. I need a big dose of inspiration. Seriously.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...