Sunday, July 26, 2009

CPK Phil. - What Happened?

Warning: The next 2 paragraphs contain rants and may be dangerous to one's mental health.

Location: California Pizza Kitchen, Edsa Shangri-La Plaza Mall
Why was there: a lipstick mark on my sister's fork even before she used it? a shred of aluminum foil stuck to my ready-to-eat tortilla roll? a pitcher left on the ledge exactly behind where my ma was seated - what if someone accidently tipped it over and the contents spilled on my ma's head? Why did the server have to lean over so much, while explaining why so many items on the menu were not available, he had to lay his hand on the middle of our table to support himself - it is flu season and this is not hygienic?

To be fair, the food was great.
Mediterranean tortilla roll
Thai style noodles
Five cheese and tomatoes pizza

On another note: Why are there no sidewalks on the streets here? Why are there no streetlights? Why don't drivers give pedestrians walking along the zebra cross the right of way? And I could go on and on and on...

I was so disappointed with dinner that I felt so drained afterwards. Then Queen J took this pic of me and it made me smile...
It's not much, but it's my first full body shot.
My jeans and shoes upon closer inspection
And then I remembered I took this shot when I scanned my pic folder and it made me smile some more. The bucket hat is from the Albertus Swanepoel for Gap's CFDA Vogue 2009 collection. I think it's cute but I'm not really a hat person, Queen J is, so I modeled it while Ma and Sis were busy trying on the stuff they found.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...