Sunday, July 26, 2009

Eastwood, Cyma, Bizu

The last time I had been to Eastwood was in 2006, 3 years ago. City Walk was not one of my favorite malls because I felt the low ceiling to be very constricting, so I was awed when I saw the newly constructed Eastwood Mall last night.
This is the Las Vegas/Macau-ish view when dining al fresco. The fountain is sound sensitive and follows the beat of the music being played. Cool.
The wide and spacious aisles and the yellow lights give the mall a relaxing atmosphere.
I like the cute chandelier.
Then this is me after changing the settings on my cam. The place looks even better. I wonder what a nice DSLR can do.

After my very yummy lunch experience in Cyma, Shangri-La Plaza the last time I was in Manila, I especially requested JT and JU (I never noticed this before, but when they get married they will have the same initials. Hehe) to take me to Cyma. Then I found out they just dined there this week so I love them for agreeing to take me there!
We shared the Spinach and Artichoke Fondue and Roka Salata (fresh romaine and arugula salad with sweet walnuts and cheese), and I ordered the Yemistes (rice pilaf with tomatoes, raisins and pine nuts served in a gigantic green pepper). I was a little disappointed that the food in Eastwood Mall last night was not as good as the meal I had in Shangri-La Plaza. The cooking did not bring out the flavor of the pine nuts in my Yemistes, while the fondue didn't have artichoke chunks which I loved the last time I ordered it. According to JT and JU, the Roka Salata, which they always order, was not consistent with their last Cyma meal in Greenbelt, too. Hmm different chefs I guess.
Grilled chicken
Grilled salmon

I have been reading a few fashion blogs lately and I was inspired to take some full body pictures of my outfit last night. I didn't realize that taking a full body pic that doesn't look like one is cam-whoring involves a lengthy thought process. Needless to say, my efforts was nothing compared to the ones in lookbook.nu. Haha

After a late night watching Public Enemies, which according to JT was "ang pangit" (very ugly), Ma woke me up at 745 am today to have breakfast at Bizu, my no. 1 favorite breakfast place here. While waiting for my turn in the toilet, I read Bizu's mission statement, which was laminated and posted outside the kitchen. It went something like "to be an innovative pastry shop that offers quality service to sophisticated and discriminating Filipinos." (The words and phrasing were altered based on what I can remember from what I read. I doubt the staff would allow me to take a pic.) In addition to this, there was a step-by-step guide on how to wait on the guests. I was impressed; I have always found Bizu's customer service commendable. Now I know why.
I heart Bizu's very sophisticated interior design and choice of color. Queen J was very reluctant to wake up to have breakfast with us so I played some Rihanna songs to perk her up.
The bestselling Bizu wheat bread and very strong Bizu coffee.

I ordered my favorite wild mushroom omelette with focaccia bread and bottomless coffee. Yum!
A Mt. Pinatubo discussion was brought up last night. I really hope we push through. I saw some very surreal pics posted on Facebook, and I want to see this out-of-this-world place for myself. If you have any info, pls send me a message!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...