Friday, July 17, 2009

A Trip Down Memory Lane

N and I and met last night to dine at our all-time favorite restaurant, Cibo, and to watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

During our uni days, N was my default date as we had almost all our classes together, and we both enjoyed eating out and watching movies. I remember discovering and getting addicted to the trial McDonald's rice burger and telling him about it and him getting addicted to it as well. N was also the witness to my many mishaps involving slippery floors and accident-prone flip-flops.

Going back to last night, N ordered our favorite dish in Cibo, shrimp pasta with tomato sauce and cream. Unfortunately, I cannot share this with him now, so I ordered a Farfalle Genovese or pasta with creamy pesto sauce and mushroom, and potato chips for starters.
I think the meal was pretty good. The potato chips with mayo dip was as good as I remembered, but with my current taste for healthy dishes, I think it can be a little less salty. The pasta was "al dente" and Queen J would love it, but with my Chinese food-trained taste buds, I would like to have pasta that's just the slightest bit overcooked.
We headed to our movie, which was good (a great accompaniment to the book but definitely not a replacement), with the heaviest of stomachs from our filling dinner. On the way up the escalators, I almost lost my footing and had to grab on to N for support. I guess some things really never change.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...