Thursday, March 11, 2010

Weekday Getaway

It's not really a getaway but it was a rare chance at a peaceful stroll in Greenbelt. So many restaurants to try, but oh so little time. It was also the perfect way to beat the heat; the A/C in the malls and restaurants was probably at 10 degrees.

Mr. Jones
No vegetarian choices here except for the blueberry pancakes. I waited for half an hour for this, but even though I was starving, I could only finish 1 piece of this huge order. I caught a glimpse of their fish and chips, and the fish was roughly 10 inches long and 3 quarters of an inch thick. The giant servings reminded me of the genetically modified food in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Hohoho

Max Brenner
I was cold and wanted something hot but not sweet, so I was delighted to find that Max Brenner serves rose buds tea. (Queen J loves drinking tea and I used to nick her rose buds tea.) The tasty, slightly tangy sizzling mushrooms and garlic served with 5 (!) pieces of bread went really well with my drink. All in all, the price was quite reasonable considering the quality of the food and service, the size per serving, and the ambience.

When I got tired of Greenbelt, I crossed the bridge and wandered off to Glorietta, my all-time favorite mall when I was young(er).

Toms in Nothing But H2O
TOMS Shoes is in Nothing But H2O! For every pair of TOMS Shoes sold, a pair will be given away to a child in a developing country. The shoes look so-Cal comfy but the metallic gold and silver versions are really funky.

Truffle Wedges in Italianni's
A little bit disappointed that the taste of the truffle in the dip couldn't really be identified. For a dose of some good truffle flavored finger food, I prefer Lusso's truffle potato chips. It looks just like Cibo's potato chips but with a strong truffle taste.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...