Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bling It On

I spotted my bling-bling flats while browsing through the April 2010 issue of Mega. Hoho
As the temperature continued to rise, these jeweled gladiators slowly replaced my favorite ballet flats. And the more I wear them the more comfortable they become.

As much as I love summer, the increasingly hot weather is making it impossible to survive in anything other than cotton shirts and shorts. When I wore this Victorian-inspired, lacy top (with garter sleeves!) from H&M, I thought I would faint and the sight of all the people in the malls (including me) hoping to escape the unbearable heat didn't help.
The only way to really "beat the heat" is to be one with it--drive to the nearest beach where it is perfectly acceptable to wear the bare minimum and lounge around with a gallon of water. Unfortunately, everyone seems to be thinking the same thing so people who leave planning to the last minute (me) have to either stay in the city or go where nobody else wants to (the most expensive or most dodgy resort around). It's not hard to guess what happened to me. Oh, bitter bitter

So, I am signing off with this happy resort shot until I can have a new one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...