Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hot Hot Heat

The slightest movement is impossible without breaking a sweat.
Mostly, I've been living in my trusty denim shorts which have now gone on to super faded status. I envy those with a wide selection of summer attire since I have only one other pair of linen shorts to alternate with my denim ones. I also personally decided to forego the floral trend, but I do have that one floral skirt from summer 2009.

I'm more excited about the looks from Fall 2010. The ultra feminine looks that crept into the runways in S/S '10 are now full on. I especially love the '50s look inspired by the girls of Mad Men, think Betty Draper, Peggy Olsen and Joan Harris in 2010. The voluminous calf-length ball skirts and sexy secretary pencil skirts are just glamorous.

I recall the height of the skirt trend in the mid '00s, a younger, less serious take on voluminous skirts. This was about the time I started my skirt collection, which inspired the name of this blog. (I eventually got rid of most of those skirts.) I think this spread from Vogue January 2005 Bring It On Home featuring Andre 3000 and Liya Kebede pretty much captures the skirt craze during that time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...