Sunday, October 31, 2010

Other Recent Vegetarian Discoveries

I'm always delighted to find restaurants that offer vegetarian dishes other than salad. Here are a few more I discovered recently.

Grilla
I love having Filipino food--garlic rice can definitely make any dish more delicious. These two dishes had neither meat nor seafood, although the kare-kare was served with bagoong on the side.

Vegetable kare-kare, a mix of veggies including string beans, Taiwan pechay, eggplant and artichoke in thick peanut sauce
Not the usual garlic kangkong, this was served with sweetened soy sauce.
Cute interior as noted by Queen J.
Hanobe
This HK food place serves vegetarian dishes upon request. But of course, the selection is still quite limited.
Fried vegetarian noodles, quite tasty but nothing spectacular about it
My favorite eggplant dish before I became a vegetarian is eggplant hotpot with minced pork and dried fish. I've seen a vegetarian version a few times and was really glad that it was one of the veggie dishes in Hanobe. Mushrooms were the substitute for the minced pork and dried fish.
Fried tofu skin and potatoes in thick curry sauce. I was looking forward to this dish but found that the curry sauce didn't complement the tofu skin well.
Hanobe is located at 99 Maria Clara St in Banawe.

I must note here, though, that after both meals I instantly felt lethargic and dehydrated. I believe these are both side effects of MSG, so it's best to request no MSG upon ordering.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...