Saturday, October 30, 2010

Romulo Cafe, The Vegetarian Way

After passing by Romulo Cafe a few times and seeing it packed with cars from the outside, I finally got the chance to try it. The following are some vegetarian-friendly dishes:

Filipino style nacho chips are made from taro and sweet potato topped with cheese and tomatoes. My only comment, not enough toppings, otherwise the chips were fantastic!
Ensalada done the Romulo Cafe way. It's quite disappointing at first glance but I enjoyed eating this medley of fresh, boiled veggies seasoned with soy sauce as I also don't eat bagoong (shrimp paste).
My favorite was this lime juice drink with a hint of cucumber recommended to me by the wait staff. It's very refreshing and not too sweet.
I also had some fried canton noodles topped with veggies (not in the pictures) which looked deceivingly simple but was made really tasty from the mushroom broth used to cook the veggies. All in all, though, after seeing what my non-vegetarian friends ordered, I would have to say this place is a little overrated and a little overpriced.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...