Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bubble Tea @ Wilson Greenhills

I find the name to be a bit misleading. Of course, Bubble Tea offers pearl milk tea (and milkshakes!) in various flavors, but the majority of its menu is devoted to Japanese fusion dishes. Pages and pages of them, in fact. They have takoyaki balls made famous by Samurai as well as okonomiyaki (Japanese pancakes), rice toppings, sushi, soup, and sandwiches.

The newly opened Bubble Tea along Wilson in Greenhills West. Honeybee, the pastry shop, has yet to open, though.
My honey dew melon milk tea with pearl and mango bits smelled really good, but it was more a sweet flavored drink than real tea.
For starters, I had the potato soup which was creamy but also very salty. I would have liked it better too if it had bits of potatoes in it.
For the main course, I had garlic rice which was normal and not "authentic Japanese" (see Omakase's garlic rice below).
I paired my garlic rice with vegetable tempura consisting of potatoes, okra, red bell pepper, and eggplant. Nothing spectacular about this, I regret not getting the grilled skewered veggies instead.
I think my non-vegetarian friends enjoyed this place much more than I did. Nonetheless, we were all really full after our meal as we all had large drinks with our main course, which, it turned out, was not the smartest thing to do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...