Saturday, November 13, 2010

Travel Cafe Philippines

I came across Travel Cafe Philippines when I was looking for a place where I could grab a snack in Greenbelt 5. I was thinking of trying something new but all the places I could think of were lunch or dinner restaurants. Coming from the Beauty Bar side, I was already towards the end of Greenbelt 5 and about to just go to one of the coffee shop chains over at GB3 when I saw Travel Cafe Philippines.

The interior of the coffee shop looked inviting at first glance--comfortable chairs, marble tabletops, and lots of space, but the ambience was quiet and cool, very un-Filipino-restaurant-like if I can say so, as conversations went on in hushed tones. I'm very used to being surrounded by a celebratory mood whenever I'm in a restaurant that serves Filipino cuisine, even in higher end places such as Abe.
I ordered fresh lumpia, which was the vegetarian dish recommended to me by the wait staff. It was fresh and very filling, but the veggies might be a little bit overcooked and soggy. The sauce was sweet and savory but not salty.
I also tried the ube with macapuno and cheese. The ube was not too sticky and had a soft-candy like consistency. The sweetness was just right and the cheese and macapuno complemented it well.
All in all, it was a pretty good and relaxing snack. The place was wonderful, though the food I tried was rather common, the service was excellent. Before I left, the wait staff asked me how I liked the ube, which she had suggested to me when I was choosing between that and the sinukmani.

Travel Cafe Philippines is located at the 2nd level of GB5.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...