Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy Lemon @ Greenhills Now Open

After waiting for a couple of months, Happy Lemon in Promenade, Greenhills, beside Starbucks and the previous location of the ground level entrance to Fully Booked is now open. I'm very curious and excited to see what this place has to offer given its prime location.
Happy Lemon offers both coffee and tea beverages, but there are more variants of tea than coffee. I found its line of rock salt with cheese to be quite interesting and ordered the Green Tea flavor.
Customers are asked for their names a la Starbucks, but unlike the popular coffee chain, Happy Lemon gives out numbers as well and uses this to match customers with their drinks. I was also asked how sweet I wanted my drink to be. I was given the option to get the regular, which was 100% sweetness, 50% less, 30% less or no sugar at all. Not knowing how sweet their drinks were, I opted for the regular sweetness. I'm quite pleased with this as I find beverages in many restaurants here to be too sweet for my liking.
My green tea with rock salt and cheese drink came less than 5 minutes after I ordered. The staff recommended I drink this without a straw. The first thing I tasted was the milky, savory goodness of the melted cheese on top. Then came the green tea, which had the perfect level of non-sweetness. Its slightly bitter taste offset the creaminess of the cheese on top. After the first sip, though, I couldn't taste the saltiness of the cheese anymore. Perhaps next time I will try to drink from a straw so I can sip all the cheese first.
So far, my first experience in Happy Lemon was a success. I can't wait to go back and try their pearl milk tea and other flavored teas such as the grapefruit with aloe, which was my first choice. I'm glad to finally have this refreshing alternative to coffee, which I have been off of for a month now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...